Tints and Shades Paint Night
Updated: 5 days ago
A fun night of learning about tone and painting your own artwork.
1 hour | $20 per student | online through Zoom
Available Classes in April
Tuesday 4th at 5pm
Tuesday 11th at 5pm
Tuesday 18th at 5pm
Tuesday 25th at 5pm
(Please contact EraserTipArt@gmail.com to register)
Students will be provided with a high-contrast black and white image that they will replicate into a painting by following along with Harley’s instructions and tips. Each participant will learn about how to lighten and darken parts of their painting, and focus on creating a dynamic image with a high tonal range without worrying about painting realistically.
Acrylic paints, brand of your choice, one tube of each colour
Brushes and other materials:
- Any brushes you would like to use, but medium-sized filbert, flat, and round brushes are recommended
- At least one round brush that makes a fine point
- Water container for cleaning brushes
- A Palette: foam or plastic plates or trays. (Alternative - any flat stiff surface covered with wax paper or aluminum foil, or a disposable palette pad)
- Paper towel or an old cloth
- A small primed canvas board/panel or primed stretched canvas
- A small pad of paper that can take acrylic paint (inexpensive watercolour or printmaking paper can work).